Present: Steven Mclaughlin- Chair, Suzie McCheyne- Development Officer, Lynn Keirs – treasurer, Nigel Wunsch- Cambuslang Rotary, Rosalie Dunn- Friends of Douglas Park, John Wilson- Scotrail, Rob Mulholland – Artist.
Apologies – Eugenie Aroutcheff- Grow 73, Maureen Black- Beckford Lodge, Kirsty Gray- N Lanarkshire Council, Jim Bolton- Healthy and Happy, Alison Plummer- St Mary’s for All, Diane Whateley- Secretary
- Community Rail Scotland update –
- New Community Rail network Scotland role awaiting final decision
- Community rail network have produced Scotland community rail report https://communityrail.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Community-Rail-in-Scotland-FINAL-FOR-WEB-links.pdf – Rail 74 CRP have contributed to this. Some amazing updates.
- Scotrail hoping to allow station adopters back on stations from 26th April 2021.
- Post March 2022 end of rail franchise for Abellio – Group discussion of the impacts and affects for community rail and the work we do within the communities. General opinion was positive however we will see. John confirmed the communities team are working in the background to ensure the value of the work and volunteering we do is noted and discussed.
- Hope in Hamilton update
- Rob gave an update and discussed possible site for artwork on main platform 2. Agreed it was a good position and need to ensure ok from scotrail, network rail and advertising agency to move poster boards around the station, interactive noise facility and positioning. (AP1 – John Wilson/Suzie)
- Blurb for interested parties agreed with Rob/Suzie and issued to blameless, universal connections, samh, lamh, nhs/beckford lodge, blue triangle, Hamilton Grammar and scotrail,Avanti and network rail internal comms. Give time to confirm from all agencies due to lockdown and Easter break.
- Agreed hoping to start workshops by end of May 2021.
- All agreed be good to engage local media in the project. Suzie will speak to avanti & scotrail media team. (AP2 – Suzie to follow up)
- Development Officer Update –
- Met rob recently on site at Hamilton station as above scoped out potential areas for artwork & feel around the area.
- Hope in Hamilton invite passed by email and will follow up by telephone call within the month.
- Lynn organised for engage card from Lanarkshire Credit Union to be organised and this will make paying suppliers much easier however the signatories process will be still followed as agreement from the trustees.
- Catch up planned and adjusted with Euguenie from Grow 73 due to recent FM visit to overtoun park. Replanned to update on the Rutherglen station art project.
- Welcomed back allan brooking to Network rail as community safety manager for Scotland. Good contact to support the partnership.
- Motherwell invite for groups agreed and will be issued out before next meeting and hopefully allowed to meet them face to face soon
- Education project bringing in decarbonisation /climate change/sustainable travel and communities. Spoken to several CRPs and help given/Network rail also have info online.
- Rosalie was introduced virtually and thanked CRP for link to Rob for douglas park project.
AGM needs to be completed by 6 months from accounting date (13th Dec 2020) however due to pandemic need to be raised with trustees. Possibly mid-July to allow face to face.
Accounts need to be signed off by accountant and passed to OSCR by mid Sept 2021. (AP3 – Suzie to contact accountant)