Present: Steven Mclaughlin- Chair, Suzie McCheyne- Development Officer, Diane Whateley- Secretary, Nigel Wunsch- Cambuslang Rotary, Maureen Black- NHS Beckford Lodge, Ros Houldsworth- Scotrail, Jim Bolton- H&H, Rosalie Dunn- Friends of Douglas Park, Eugenie Aroutcheff- Grow 73, Jamie Richardson- Siemens, Willie Clark- Transport Scotland, Alison Plummer-St Mary’s for All, Jim Bolton- Healthy and Happy.
MW – Avanti – will chase up decision re £40k donation for Hamilton central art project; Covid travel restrictions may be in place for 18 months which will continue to affect leisure travel
Avanti- open to applications from offline projects- RD to consider application for Friends of Douglas Park.
KG- Motherwell station adopters ready to start; Rail 74 need community groups there to support the extension of the CRP there.
Meeting on 2 October at Motherwell station to look at the refurbishment etc- SMcC, DGW, JW, KG
AP1: JW to find out who the station adopters are
Not confirmed that Rose and school from Newton will adopt Newton station
AP2: JW to find out
Grow 73 have obtained the disused bowling greens in Overtoun Park and are also involved in pesticide free Camglen initiative.
AP3: SMcC to ask Eugenie and Lynn re funding for beeline project and also re assisting with Friends of Douglas park project- Rail 74 could potentially support financially.
SMcL: Keeping in touch with the CRP network in Scotland, but no developments as yet. Notes of aims and objectives suggested to Community rail Scotland
Aims and Objectives
- to work with ScotRail to spread the CRP network in Scotland, where there is community desire, by supporting new CRPs.
- to create a supportive and inclusive group to advocate for community rail in Scotland.
- To share best practice between CRPs in Scotland so that all can benefit from experience in any one CRP
- to work with the CRN in England and Wales to take advantage of their experience and knowledge to improve the CRP network in Scotland to the benefit of communities in the areas served by them.
- To develop the organisation with that mindset of acting in the best interest of the CRP that we represent, including working for the interests of its funders and stakeholders.
Next Meeting: Tuesday 15th December 2020; 2pm- Virtual