Attendees: Suzie McCheyne- Development Officer, Jim Bolton- Rutherglen Rotary, Victoria Moore-volunteer, Willie Clark- Transport for Scotland, Fraser Hamilton – volunteer.
A. Development Officer
- United in Learning — evaluation report now completed
- Autism- inclusivity matters — travelling classrooms/station report issued to all
- Rutherglen Station- as part of station report we will start to address the lack of maintenance and suggested signage improvements.
- Hope in Hamilton update
Still delayed installation – now in touch with CMPS managing director as escalation.
- Sounds like a volunteer Podcasts project – funding now received from ScotRail and consultant discussion complete about plan of action for volunteer interviews and sound engineer.
- Awards season – we have been shortlisted for 5 awards for Scotrail community awards – Nigel & Suzie nominated, United in learning with 6vt CRP, acts of green love at Newton Station with St. Charles primary and Cambuslang Gateway with Cambuslang Community Council. Also put in for 2 awards for National Community Rail Awards with Community Rail Network for United in Learning and Inclusivity Matters projects.
- Conversation Cafes on trains 9 September Rail74 took part along the line and supported pop ups on those days at Central Station with Samaritans.
- Welcome to Victoria Moore as our new trustee – New trustee group on WhatsApp to be created to include Victoria and trustees meeting to chat about governance.
- 900 years of Rutherglen in 2026 – Wullie advised to contact John Yellowlees to talk about railways heritage as he is a master of knowledge.
- Fraser advised he has update the map extension to Airbles and Motherwell on website and Wullie gave an update on adjustments for line detail for Scottish rail holding as much easier process.
Next meeting: 14/11/23 @2.30pm @ H&H in Rutherglen, confirmed booking in place.