Present: Suzie McCheyne – Development Officer, Nigel Wunsch – Vice Chair, Cambuslang Rotary, Jim Bolton – Rutherglen CC, John Wilson – Scotrail, Caroline Thompson – Noble CRN, Kate Blanchard – OT NHS Lanarkshire, Willie Clark – Rail Holdings Scotland.
Apologies: Lynn Keir- Treasurer, Susan Cairns – Beckford Lodge (NHS), Diane Whateley – Secretary, Eugenie Aroutcheff – Grow 73, Michelle Farmer – Cambuslang CC, Kirsty Gray NLC, Alex Bray – Cross Country, Arlene Dickson – Samamaritains.
A. Hope in Hamilton update
- Still awaiting landlords’ consent in progress requesting support from Kate Devlin from Scotrail through John Wilson
- With Scotrail contractors for install completed awaiting costings and date once Landlord consent given
- Press release & case study ready to go
- Meeting with MSP Christina McKelvie on Friday 9th Sept
B. Development Officer update
- Accounts now uploaded for Dec 2020-2021 for OSCR
- Mini cop 26 for south Lanarkshire primary school supported through free travel by Scotrail to engage passengers from Rutherglen, Cambuslang and Blantyre postponed from this week to 11th,12th and 13th October – looking for any local groups who wish a captive audience to give updates on their community activism, greening activities let Suzie know and any volunteers willing to come along trains leaving from between 8.20- 8.50am
- Autism steering groups have been completed and now write up/project planning for key themes of calm/quiet place, inclusive signage and travelling classrooms learning about difference and autism awareness. – awaiting feasibility study costing for each station to understand simple changes we could make along the full line seek funding from cross country or Avanti and also price from consultants for travelling classrooms for Scotrail funding applications.
- Looking at what improvements could be made to the Rutherglen station as it is needs updating ASAP – scope visit for Suzie and Scotrail
- Conversation Café with railway chaplain and Samaritans on Tuesday 12th Sept looking for any volunteers who want to join us from Glasgow to Motherwell.
- Avanti funding of £9999 for young people ‘feel good’ travel- sustainable fashion initiative in Glasgow/South Lanarkshire using denim for recycling involving 340 children. Rail 74 to contribute this funding directly. This project will last from Oct 2022 into 2023. Meet up at Central Station planned for thurs 8th Dave Savage from CRL/Avanti to discuss.
C. Partners Update
Cambuslang Gateway Project from Cambuslang Community Council
- Looking amazing all partners agreed / no anti-social behaviour
- Now potentially issuing a calendar with pics around the area to raise funds
- Maybe look at an official opening of the mural with local VIP
Grow 73 Running Out of Time – 30th September 2022
- Hosting the relay baton for 1 of the stages for the running event on Friday 30th September at 16.20 – Running Out of Time relay will be the longest non stop relay attempt ever with runners passing a baton containing a powerful climate change message from young people to decision makers from Glasgow to Sharm El sheikh Egypt (COP27 hosts) – they are looking for partners to come along and join the journey and it fits with Scottish Climate Change Week !
John at Scotrail
- Street Soccer Scotland supporting their World Cup in Glasgow
- Involved in the Conversation Cafes over Scotland
Community Rail Network Scotland Update
- Supporting Scottish Climate Change Week comm 30th Sept would love to link up with Grow 73
- Supporting with contacts for hope in Hamilton to understand if they can help
- Football futures are keen to link up with Any CRP in UK
- Continue to promote Scottish CRPs and press release is ready to go
- Paths for all have funding available – especially maybe for bike town in Cam glen – Advised to contact Jim Ewing as main project lead – Suzie will connect
Kate – NHS Lanarkshire – OT support
- Interested in autism/mental health projects within Motherwell area – Suzie will link in about greenspace at the front of Motherwell station
Willie from Scotland Railways Holdings
- Keen to get more media attention to works being completed by Rail74 CRP – happy to contact transport Scotland media team.
Wendy at LEAP Project / Re-Volve Recycle
- New thrift and gift shop at their HQ wed to sat 10-4pm – 56 Cambuslang Road G72 7LD
- Looking for shop retail volunteers along the line – check out www.revole-recycle.co.uk
As always we are looking for more volunteers/trustees to get involved in these projects – blurb below for sharing please.
Trustee info – reachvolunteering.org.uk
We are looking for volunteers also to help with various parts of delivering these amazing projects – social media expertise, planning support, story writing, completing funding requests, visiting the stations, meeting other Community Rail Partnerships over Scotland and engaging with our communities. You are entitled to free travel along the line whilst taking part in CRP duties and we are a fun group of people just trying to improve the bridge between the Railways and the communities they serve. You do not need to be an expert in railways, you just need to want to make a difference and have fun doing it. Contact Suzie on email@example.com if interested.
Next meeting: 25/10/2022 @2pm zoom or hopefully David Livingstone centre.