Present: Suzie McCheyne- Development Officer, Diane Whateley- Secretary, Nigel Wunsch-Vice Chair, Cambuslang Rotary, Eugenie Aroutcheff- Grow 73, Rob Mulholland- artist, John Wilson- Scotrail, Michelle Farmer- Cambuslang CC, Kieran and Diane Wyse- Hope for Autism, Rosalie Dunn- Friends of Douglas Park, Alex Bray- Cross Country Rail.
Apologies: Lynn Keir- Treasurer, Steven Mclaughlin, Jim Bolton- Rutherglen CC
Previous action points/update
1.Beeline festival (Buzzfest)- 5 June 2022, to coincide with the Big Lunch. Eden project tie in to mitigate isolation/loneliness. There will be a storyteller/music/parade at the event.
2. Cambuslang CC- Advertising boards adjacent to the station in the process of being removed. Designs for the Gateway project being finalised with signwriter- 3 murals should be ready in June and installed by Scotrail contractors; one will be just outside the station& 2 at the bottom of Beech Ave. Problem with digital board as has to go through Scotrail’s process.
A. Hope in Hamilton update
- There were still logistical issues relating to the appointed Network rail (as landlord) contractor in terms of the moving and installation of the artwork- date awaited. Allan Brooking is assisting. The Press release is ready to issue when the installation has been completed.
- Electrician has inspected the site and a low voltage supply is sufficient.
B. Development Officer update- SMcC
- Core Funding from Avanti and Scotrail remains in the bank account.
- Avanti funding of £9999 for young people ‘feel good’ travel- sustainable fashion initiative
In Glasgow/South Lanarkshire using denim for recycling involving 340 children. Rail 74 to contribute. This project will last from May 2022 into 2023- waiting for start times etc
- CRPs and station adopters considering an education piece with school children- Backtrack campaign re not trespassing on the railways.
- Community rail week starts week commencing 23 May- 32 children from Newton to travel (free tickets from Scotrail) into Glasgow Central and may get the tour.
- LEAP- Polytunnel being set up with help from Grow 73 at the back of the LEAP café for the community garden. The community payback team were helping to clear the garden Another grant in the pipeline to do something with the CCC.
- Motherwell- Autism Take 5 inclusion – travelling classroom project? Visit to Crewe calm room mooted; new OT at Beckford Lodge is keen to be involved.
- Change into public ownership for Scotrail. Funding is outstanding- no details yet. But no automatic funding- specific application to be made. Funding for admin is £1.5-2k. Project funding – bidding process, up to £5k per project, but multiple applications permitted. Project management fees – funding is available but no details yet.
- Alex Bray- project funding applications open for CY
AOCB: DGW suggested that Lynn Semple be approached for drawing pictures of the stations, cards to be made to be sold within the community- quote? DGW to meet towards end of June.
Next meeting- AGM. Date to be agreed by Trustees in July. Accounts drawn up by still to be signed off, before submission to OSCR.